Working with an academic advisor is an important part of completing a major or minor in History. The Department of History has two advisors, each of whom handles specific aspects of advising.
Ms. Tawona Adedokun is a professional academic advisor. If Ms. Adedokun is your assigned advisor, please schedule an appointment through Panthersoft, following the instructions below. If she is not but you would like to get in touch with her about the major or minor, please email her at email@example.com.
Ms. Cindy Reyes is the online academic advisor. She can help you determine what courses to take to complete your History major or minor if you are a fully online student. You can reach her via firstname.lastname@example.org. To schedule an appointment, follow the instructions below.
Dr. Judith Mansilla is the department's faculty advisor. In addition to helping you figure out what courses to take to complete your History major or minor, Dr. Mansilla can also talk with you about how to get a job with your history major, how to find internships that will boost your resume, and how to tackle preparations for graduate school. You can reach Dr. Mansilla and schedule an appointment via email@example.com.
Steps to make an appointment with your assigned academic advisor
1. Go to My.FIU.edu
2. Sign in using your Panther ID number and corresponding password.
3. Click on “Student Center.”
4. On the lower right-hand side of the page, click on the blue link “Panther Success Network.”
5. Sign in using your Panther ID number and corresponding password.
6. Click on “Schedule an Appointment” located at the right-hand side of the page.
7. From the drop-down menu, click on “Academic Advising” and proceed to fill out all of the requested fields.
8. Select the appointment date and time you want (divided into morning and afternoon appointments).
9. On the next page, after checking under Appointment Details to make sure everything is correct, click on “Confirm Appointment.” Note: Please make sure to arrive or call in for your appointment on time.