Working with an academic advisor is an important part of completing a major or minor in History. The Department of History has two advisors, each of whom handles specific aspects of advising.
Manuel Niño is a professional academic advisor. He can help you determine what courses to take to complete your History major or minor. You can reach him via email@example.com. To schedule an appointment, follow the instructions below.
Dr. Judith Mansilla is the department's faculty advisor. In addition to helping you figure out what courses to take to complete your History major or minor, Dr. Mansilla can also talk with you about how to get a job with your history major, how to find internships that will boost your resume, and how to tackle preparations for graduate school. You can reach Dr. Mansilla and schedule an appointment via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to make an appointment with your assigned academic advisor
1. Go to My.FIU.edu
2. Sign in using your Panther ID number and corresponding password.
3. Click on “Student Center.”
4. On the lower right-hand side of the page, click on the blue link “Panther Success Network.”
5. Sign in using your Panther ID number and corresponding password.
6. Click on “Schedule an Appointment” located at the right-hand side of the page.
7. From the drop-down menu, click on “Academic Advising” and proceed to fill out all of the requested fields.
8. Select the appointment date and time you want (divided into morning and afternoon appointments).
9. On the next page, after checking under Appointment Details to make sure everything is correct, click on “Confirm Appointment.” Note: Please make sure to arrive or call in for your appointment on time.